Many women who are pregnant and thinking about adoption are concerned about what it means to choose adoption for their baby. They may think, “I want to give my baby up for adoption. Does that make me a bad person? What will other people think of me?” These women are sometimes falsely led to believe that “giving baby up” for adoption means they are somehow failing.
But in reality, giving your baby up for adoption means you are making a proactive choice. You are choosing life for your baby — a life full of all the opportunities you want for him or her. And while putting a baby up for adoption is one of the most difficult and emotional choices you will ever make, it should also be one of the choices you are most proud of.
With Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman , “giving a baby up for adoption” means:
- Exploring all of your options. We can help you understand all of your unplanned pregnancy options — not just adoption. We will give you the information and services you need to ensure you are making the best decision for yourself and your baby.
- Getting the resources you need. Pregnancy can be a stressful and demanding time. We will provide referrals for financial assistance, community resources, and professional counseling services that can help.
- Taking control of your adoption plan. With more than 30 years of experience in Georgia adoption laws, our attorneys can provide the legal expertise and explanations you need to understand how to place a baby for adoption and your rights throughout the process. We will help you make fully informed decisions and ensure you understand how you are in control of your adoption.
- Choosing the perfect adoptive family. As an expectant mother considering adoption, it is up to you to choose the perfect parents who can provide the life you want for your baby. Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman can assist you in finding, assessing, and getting to know potential adoptive families in Georgia.
- Understanding the rights of the birth father. Whether your baby’s father is supportive, unsupportive, unknown or uninvolved in your life or your adoption plan, Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman will work closely with you to understand your situation and help you make the choices that are best for you and your baby.
- Remaining a part of your child’s life. Some women think that giving up a baby for adoption means giving up on their relationship with their child. But with a post-adoption contact agreement, you can stay in touch with your child and the adoptive family for years to come.
When you choose to give baby up for adoption, it may mean that you will not raise him or her in your home — but it also means so much more. Choosing adoption for your baby could mean a future full of opportunities that you and your child may not have otherwise.
If you are considering placing a baby for adoption, the attorneys of Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman are here to help you through every step of the adoption journey. We welcome you to contact us for a free consultation to learn more about our services. We are here to help you weigh all the available options and to discuss the adoption journey. All of our services are provided at no cost to you, and your call never obligates you to proceed with an adoption plan.