The attorneys of Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman not only help to create families — we also provide services that ensure your family’s future is secure for generations to come. With our estate planning services, you can provide your children with the resources and stability they need, even after you are gone.
Read on to learn more about estate planning in Georgia and North Carolina and the services Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman can offer to ensure your family’s needs are met.
What is estate planning?
Estate planning allows parents to make important decisions about the future of their children and their property. Estate plans often include:
- advance directives for healthcare, which explain your wishes in the event that you are unable to make or communicate medical decisions.
- standby guardianships, which designate a legal guardian for your child in the event that you are unable to care for them.
- co-parenting agreements, which protect the children and assets of unmarried couples.
- financial documents, which establish a trust or conservator to manage your finances and allow your children to access money in disbursements.
- and more.
In addition to these basic estate planning services, Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman provides estate planning strategies and services tailored to meet the unique needs of your family. We understand the needs of families built through adoption and assisted reproductive technologies. You may face particular estate planning needs that are not common to all families, such as issues regarding frozen eggs and embryos, extended birth families, and clarity of legal parentage.
How can I create an estate plan?
Our Georgia and North Carolina estate planning attorneys are experienced with drafting advance directives for healthcare, standby guardianships, and other estate planning instruments that are commonly needed by parents in families built through adoption and assisted reproduction.
We do much more than just draft wills or pull a form out of a file cabinet. We take the time to understand what your current estate plan and financial picture looks like in order to draft estate planning documents that secure your family’s future. Our services include:
- advising you about estate planning in Georgia and North Carolina so you can make the best choices to meet your family’s unique needs.
- drafting and filing all necessary estate planning documents.
- reviewing and making updates to your estate plan when you experience a major life event, such as the addition of a new child, which could invalidate your estate plan.
Once you have created your family, you want to do everything you can to protect them. With an estate plan in place, you can achieve the sense of security and peace of mind your family deserves.
To learn more about Claiborne | Fox | Bradley | Goldman’s estate planning services, please schedule a consultation with a Georgia or North Carolina estate planning attorney.