For many expectant mothers, the most important part of the adoption process is finding the perfect adoptive family. When you find adoptive parents who you know were meant for your baby, you can feel confident that your child will grow up with the type of life you envision for him or her.
Here, learn how Claiborne|Fox|Bradley can assist you as you search waiting families for adoption, choose the perfect adoptive parents for your baby and develop a relationship with them.
How can I find families looking to adopt in Georgia or North Carolina?
In Georgia, North Carolina, and around the country, there are hundreds of couples looking to adopt a child. These families come from all backgrounds; many are unmarried individuals, members of the LGBT community or young couples adopting after struggling with infertility.
With so many families who want to adopt, finding the perfect one may seem overwhelming. But there are many ways to find a family that can meet your needs:
- Search independently. Many expectant mothers find people who want to adopt a baby through their own networking with friends and family. If you find adoptive parents on your own, Claiborne|Fox|Bradley can provide all of the services you need to complete the independent adoption process.
- Search with Claiborne|Fox|Bradley. If you contact us before finding adoptive parents, we will be happy to introduce you to waiting families at no cost. We are able to help most prospective birth mothers find the right adoptive parents.
- Search with another professional. If you are looking for adoptive parents using another adoption professional’s matching services, Claiborne|Fox|Bradley can assist you in evaluating potential matches and providing the legal representation you need throughout the adoption process.
However you choose to search for an adoptive family, Claiborne|Fox|Bradley can provide the compassion and advice you need as you evaluate your choices and make your decision.
How will I choose someone to adopt my baby?
As a woman considering adoption, it is up to you to choose the perfect adoptive family for your baby. Claiborne|Fox|Bradley can help you determine the qualities you are looking for in an adoptive family and help you review adoption profiles.
An adoption profile is a compilation of text and photographs created by the adoptive family to help you get to know them better. By reviewing adoptive parent profiles, you can get to know their personalities, lifestyles, extended family members, thoughts on adoption, and more. As you search waiting families’ profiles, you may choose an adoptive family based on a number of factors:
- Their home, neighborhood and location
- The number of children they currently have
- Their cultural, racial and religious background
- Their lifestyle, interests and hobbies
- Their traditions and values
- Their thoughts on adoption and parenting
- Their hopes for a relationship with you
- And more
Can I get to know the adoptive family?
Once you have reviewed family profiles for adoption and chosen potential adoptive parents, you will have an opportunity to get to know them better. Claiborne|Fox|Bradley can advise you as you get to know potential adoptive parents through phone calls, emails, and even in-person visits. We can also refer you to an adoption counselor who specializes in pre-placement contact mediation to help you develop your relationship.
This is an exciting step in the adoption process; not only does it allow you to confirm that you have chosen the right adoptive family, but it also allows you to lay the foundation for a relationship that will last long after placement. You may choose to continue your relationship with the adoptive family with a post-adoption contact agreement, exchanging pictures, letters, phone calls, emails, text messages or even visits for years to come.
Whether you already know adoptive parents or need help finding parents looking to adopt a newborn, Claiborne|Fox|Bradley can provide the services you need to find, choose and meet the perfect adoptive family for your baby. Please contact us to get started or learn more about our services. All of our services are provided at no cost to you, and your call does not obligate you to proceed with adoption.